By the end of the program the student will demonstrate the artistic and technical abilities required in visual effects by producing a demo reel showing the creation and integration of live action footage and 2D and/or 3D computer generated images.
- Design visual effects sequences using storyboarding and pre-visualization that meet production requirements.
- Use filmmaking terminology to communicate effectively throughout all stages of production.
- Complete the production of live action plates for use in visual effects.
- Manage the production of visual effects projects to meet production schedules.
- Identify hardware and software protocols specific to the field of visual effects.
- Analyze images and physical sets to digitally re-create lights, cameras, locations and objects.
- Create photo-real images to match live action footage by the application of advanced rendering techniques.
- Recreate natural phenomena by using appropriate particle or dynamic effects.
- Integrate 2D and/or 3D computer generated imagery and live action elements using compositing techniques.
- Create customized tools through software or scripting to allow for more advanced application of visual effects techniques.
- Work collaboratively in interdisciplinary teams on the production of visual effects.
- Adhere to health and safety regulations of the film and TV industry.