For the Fall 2020 semester, this program will be delivered entirely through remote learning. View delivery modes for all programs.
By the end of the program the student will demonstrate the artistic and technical abilities required in visual effects by producing a demo reel showing the creation and integration of live action footage and 2D and/or 3D computer generated images.
- Design visual effects sequences using storyboarding and pre-visualization that meet production requirements.
- Use filmmaking terminology to communicate effectively throughout all stages of production.
- Complete the production of live action plates for use in visual effects.
- Manage the production of visual effects projects to meet production schedules.
- Identify hardware and software protocols specific to the field of visual effects.
- Analyze images and physical sets to digitally re-create lights, cameras, locations and objects.
- Create photo-real images to match live action footage by the application of advanced rendering techniques.
- Recreate natural phenomena by using appropriate particle or dynamic effects.
- Integrate 2D and/or 3D computer generated imagery and live action elements using compositing techniques.
- Create customized tools through software or scripting to allow for more advanced application of visual effects techniques.
- Work collaboratively in interdisciplinary teams on the production of visual effects.
- Adhere to health and safety regulations of the film and TV industry.