The successful completion of this program will enable the graduate to:
- Learn the basics of chemical nomenclature, atomic structure, units of measurement, physical and chemical changes, balancing chemical reactions, percent composition, the mole concept and reaction stoichiometry.
- Apply machining techniques applicable to the machining and tooling manufacturing sectors such as: Tool and Die Maker, Tooling tool Maker, General Machinist, Machine Tool Builder and Integrator, Pattern Maker.
- Learn the basic knowledge of physics and engineering.
- Ability to solve technical problems by applying the fundamental concepts of mathematics. Students apply the concepts of linear functions, quadratic functions, polynomial functions, trigonometric functions and number systems.
- Analyze a computer, designing a database, writing a computer program, developing a web page, configuring a smartphone interface and creating a smartphone application.
- Apply fundamental principles of health and safety in the work place.
- Learn basic communication skills and emphasize vocational writing skills, grammar and punctuation skills, vocabulary skills, reading strategies and critical thinking.
- Apply a variety of working techniques applicable to the construction industry such as: Carpentry, framing, dry walling, taping and finishing. Involvement in the building of structures, the installation of wire items including lights, electrical receptacles and switches etc.
- Apply the basic tools and techniques required for mechanical drafting.
- Apply the concepts of whole numbers, fractions, decimals, percentages, ratios, arithmetic operations, scientific notation, exponents, imperial and metric systems units, and algebraic equations.