The successful completion of the program will enable the graduate to:
- Utilize appropriate methods and materials to perform tasks within the technical disciplines.
- Use industry-related terminology correctly and effectively in all aspects of work being undertaken.
- Adopt accepted work and safety practices for all work sites including theatre, workshops and live events.
- Interpret production designs and drawings in order to realize the design concept.
- Build, assemble and disassemble various elements within the technical disciplines.
- Troubleshoot production elements within the technical disciplines.
- Safely operate tools and equipment within the technical disciplines.
- Research current and traditional theatrical and live event methods to inform effective practice.
- Complete assigned work within established deadlines.
- Work in a professional manner, maintaining professional relationships and communicating effectively with peers, artistic team and technical staff.
- Explain duties and decisions made within the constraints of schedules, budgets, costing and sourcing in relation to the design concept and other technical disciplines.
- Write technical production and discipline related documents.
- Recognize various industry contracts as they relate to self-employment and salary.
- Assess feasibility of a project based on script and budget.
- Utilize software effectively to support production design within technical disciplines.
- Ensure all work is completed in compliance with laws, regulations and industry standards.