Ontario Secondary School Diploma or equivalent, including these required courses:
- One English, Grade 12 (ENG4C or ENG4U)
Mature student status. (See Admissions section of the website for details.)
Eligible applicants will be selected on the basis of their previous academic achievement (the average of their six highest senior-level credits, including required courses) and an application package consisting of a letter of intent clearly describing long-term career objectives and any experience in the field, a résumé, and two letters of reference. There is an assessment fee.
Applicants who do not meet the admission requirements for this program will be assessed and advised individually and may be considered for other, related programs.
Preparation for Application
You're encouraged to research the technical theatre field prior to applying for admission:
- Volunteer for practical crew work in professional theatre companies, community theatre groups, secondary schools, dance studios, co-op programs.
- Speak with employed technical theatre professionals.
- Speak with faculty and students at postsecondary technical theatre training programs.
- Attend theatre performances.
- Read plays and technical reference books.
- Take photos of your technical theatre work.