For the Fall 2020 semester, this program will be delivered entirely through remote learning. View delivery modes for all programs.
- Integrate ethical and socially responsible decision-making processes into all aspects of the accounting profession.
- Apply recognized accounting principles to the systematic recording of transactions relating to assets, liabilities, equity, revenue, and expenses for sole proprietorships, partnerships and corporations.
- Prepare accurate and relevant transactions, business reports including financial statements, and operating budgets to meet international accounting standards for partnerships and corporations.
- Analyze financial and managerial accounting information to assist in effective management decision-making.
- Formulate accurate and timely financial information using business applications software and information systems.
- Evaluate various product and service costing methods appropriate to specific business situations.
- Utilize statistical techniques effectively in the analysis of financial information.
- Calculate and apply appropriate corporate finance measures to common financial and accounting management situations.
- Recommend appropriate accounting and financial reporting information system structure, planning and usage as they relate to their role in a business.
- Determine appropriate accounting practices to reduce legal risk within a business situation.
- Communicate across various levels in an organization clearly, concisely and accurately in both the written and spoken form to fulfill the intended purpose.
- Analyze the economic and fiscal context in which the entity operates and its impact on financial reporting.
- Plan effective external, internal, and information systems audits to meet compliance and assurance requirements.
- Identify and manage financial priorities by leveraging strategic thinking as well as economic, operational and technological knowledge.
- Prepare tax submissions for personal and corporate clients to meet legal standards.
- Interact with others in groups or teams in ways that contribute to effective working relationships and the achievement of goals.