For the Winter 2021 semester, this program will be delivered entirely through remote learning. View delivery modes for all programs.
Articulation agreements for programs within Sheridan
The following Articulation Agreement applies only to students enrolled in the Pre-Health Sciences Pathway to Advanced Diplomas and Degrees program, starting at Sheridan in September 2019 or later:
Applicants who do not possess the necessary admission requirements for applied health programs (Athletic Therapy, Kinesiology, Practical Nursing, Pharmacy Technician, Veterinary Technician or Animal Care) at Sheridan who complete the Pre-Health Sciences Pathway to Advanced Diplomas and Degrees program will be granted admission, contingent on space in the program (in the semester that they are applying for or a later semester if space is not available), if they fulfill the following criteria:
- An overall GPA of 3.0;
- A minimum of 70% in required science and math courses for the program(s) to which the student is seeking admission; and
- A minimum grade of 60% in both English courses (ENG 10102 and ENG 17889) for students seeking admission to Sheridan's health science degrees (excluding diplomas) included under this agreement.
For the courses with minimum grade thresholds, as specified above, students may only have a maximum of two graded attempts. Withdrawals without Academic Penalty (i.e., "W" grades) are not included.
Where space is not available in the semester for which an applicant has applied and the applicant meets all the requirements of this agreement, admission to a later intake of the program will be granted.
Applicants from the Pre-Health Sciences Pathway to Advanced Diplomas and Degrees Certificate program must also complete all other pre-admission requirements for their chosen programs (including volunteer hours for the Honours Bachelor of Applied Health Sciences – Athletic Therapy program), and should be aware of program-specific requirements such as criminal record checks, immunization documentation, etc. Prospective students should ensure that they meet the eligibility criteria for registration, such as English language proficiency in the program for which the transfer process is being applied.
Articulation agreements with Queen's and York University
Upon successful completion of the Pre-Health Sciences Pathway to Advanced Diplomas and Degrees program, students may also use one of Sheridan's external articulation agreements with Queen's or York University:
Bachelor of Health Sciences
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 (75%) (based on Queen's GPA scale) in all courses taken.
- 63% or higher on the first attempt.
- No high school prerequisites required.
- Eligible applicants must have started Sheridan's Pre-Health program in September 2016 or later.
- Cumulative program GPA of 3.0 (70%).
- Into one of the following degree programs (provided students meet the terms of admission into each individual program:
- Bachelor of Science in Kinesiology, Global Health or Psychology;
- Bachelor of Health Studies; or
- BA in Kinesiology, Global Health or Psychology.