Currently, Sheridan Office Administration - Health Services program courses are held at the Davis Campus in Brampton. Beginning in fall 2019, this program will be offered only at the Hazel McCallion Campus in Mississauga.
The graduate has reliably demonstrated the ability to:
- Conduct oneself professionally and adhere to relevant legislation, standards and codes of ethics.
- Manage the scheduling, coordination and organization of administrative tasks and workflow within specific deadlines and according to set priorities.
- Coordinate the collection, analysis, distribution and response to communications in the workplace to facilitate the flow of information.
- Operate and provide support to others related to the use of office equipment and technologies.
- Evaluate, establish and administer health records management systems to ensure confidential, secure, accessible and organized electronic and paper records.
- Produce financial and client billing records for health services by compiling relevant information and using accounting software.
- Produce health documents and reports using available technologies and applying industry standards.
- Use interpersonal and client service skills to respond to the diverse needs of clients, their family members and the health care team.
- Identify and use non-invasive clinical tasks to support effective and efficient health service operations.