This program was formerly known as "Office Administration – Medical."
Sheridan’s Office Administration – Health Services program gives you the skills you need to work in a busy health-care office or setting.
The two-year program focuses on technical and professional skills required to work in a variety of Health Service settings. You will learn to use specialized medical software, OHIP billing, electronic calendaring and scheduling, and communication software applications.
Things you'll learn
- Medical office procedures.
- Medical terminology, anatomy and medicine.
- Medical e-billing and scheduling.
- Medical transcription and techniques.
- Specialized medical software applications.
Medical Simulation or Field Placement
When you have successfully completed the first three terms and have met a prescribed GPA, you have the option of choosing either a Medical Simulation course or Field Placement (two days per week). Both options prepare you for entry-level administrative support positions in a medical office or setting. This is an excellent opportunity to gain work experience and evaluate different career paths.
Learning in this program includes:
- Specialized administrative support to medical professionals.
- Producing accurate medical documents using a variety of specialized medical software applications.
- OHIP billing information electronically.
- Research on the Internet.
- Scheduling and task coordination skills.
- Essential interpersonal skills.
- Customer service skills through simulated patient encounters.
- Written and oral communication skills.
Enhanced learning through mobile computing
Sheridan’s advanced mobile computing teaching environment gives you 24/7 access to the course materials and software applications used in class. Using your personal laptop computer, you can perform class activities, complete assignments, and e-communicate with your professors and classmates. Mobile computing gives you freedom and flexibility that lead to greater learning.
Ontario College Diploma
- 2 yrs (4 semesters)
- Program code: POAHS
Column one has the Start date, second the Locations and third the Availability Start date Locations Availability Jan 2019 Davis Campus (Brampton) Waitlisted Sep 2019 Davis Campus (Brampton)
Hazel McCallion Campus (Mississauga)
Available Jan 2020 Davis Campus (Brampton) Available