In just one year, Sheridan’s Marketing Management program gives you the digital marketing skills employers want and need.
Things you'll learn to do
- Apply search engine marketing, social media promotion and marketing analytics principles to optimize your organization's marketing efforts.
- Learn basic marketing graphics skills to create support materials such as brochures, newsletters and web page updates.
- Write marketing and communications plans.
Following eight months of classroom instruction, eligible students will have the opportunity to participate in a four-month cooperative education placement. Note that this is a competitive process and only qualified students are accepted. Working in the marketing field, you’ll apply your in-class learning and gain valuable work experience that may boost your career—and help you land a great job.
Mobile computing gives flexibility
Working online is an essential skill in the workplace, and an integral part of our program. A laptop computer is mandatory. During the program, you'll use the computer to collaborate with your classmates on various assignments. In our online environment, you'll also have 24/7 access to class materials and notes and communicate with other students and your professors in our online chat room.
"I learned more in eight months at Sheridan than I did in four years at university."
Our Marketing Management graduates often express sentiments like this. And it's easy to see why. You may learn theory at university, but at Sheridan you also gain the practical, cutting-edge marketing skills employers want and need along with a cooperative learning placement that gives you invaluable on-the-job experience. Our program is primarily designed for non-business students, so in your first semester, you’ll learn the core skills you need to understand the basics of marketing. In the second semester, you'll move to the cutting edge of the discipline through course content that demonstrates the latest concepts in digital marketing.
In this program, you’ll also:
- Learn the key elements of digital marketing
- Develop the skills to generate online content and navigation
- Develop basic marketing graphics skills so you can develop marketing brochures and other printed materials
- Conduct marketing analytics and use it as background for a marketing plan
- Develop and deliver sales presentations and marketing communications plans
- Get prepared for the challenges of global marketing
Ontario College Graduate Certificate
- Co-op | 1 yr (2 semesters)
- Program code: PMKMC
Column one has the Start date, second the Locations and third the Availability Start date Locations Availability Sep 2019 Hazel McCallion Campus (Mississauga) Available Jan 2020 Hazel McCallion Campus (Mississauga) Available