The successful completion of this program will enable the graduate to:
- Assess the chemical composition of cosmetic products and recommend appropriate cosmetic treatments.
- Differentiate ingredients found in cosmetic products and identify their functions and effects.
- Identify and apply various make-up equipment and techniques used for professional application.
- Create a variety of make-up special effects to portray a theme or cater to the requirements of events.
- Apply relevant knowledge of anatomy, physiology, wellness, aging issues and skin disorders to the provision of specialized cosmetic application.
- Compare and contrast sales strategies and promotion techniques used in the cosmetic industry.
- Identify, analyze and apply colour relationships and theories in the application of cosmetics and products for diverse skin types.
- Develop business communication, promotion and marketing tools and materials for specific audiences in the cosmetic and toiletries industry sector.
- Apply business, legal and accounting principles effectively addressing the business needs of an organization.
- Analyze market needs and apply strategic growth principles.
- Identify the principles of organizational behaviour.
- Identify the ecological, ethical and environmental issues of the cosmetic industry.
- Analyze and apply customer relation principles as they relate to sales and marketing.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the ability to manipulate and style hair for a variety of on-set applications.
- Practice nail care techniques in the context of a makeup artistry setting.