Learn creative techniques and management, sales and interpersonal skills for makeup and industry-related careers.
Learn from professors with experience in the industry
During this program, you'll work with experienced professors to learn:
- Make-up application techniques for film and television, runway, fashion and black and white/colour photography.
- Colour theory and application.
- Skin care and product knowledge.
- Marketing, advertising, business entrepreneurship and sales skills.
- Apply make-up to live models.
- Draw and render theatrical make-up.
- Apply special effects make-up from a specialized kit.
- Apply make-up at charity fashion shows, high schools, women's shelters and senior centres.
Guest speakers and field trips are also featured.
Practicum gives workplace experience
You'll undertake a 40-hour practicum during Year 2 of your make-up artist program. This practicum is driven by your areas of interest and can range from working in a photographer's studio or in live theatre to helping with make-up application for television.
A rare program in Ontario, Sheridan's Makeup for Media and Creative Arts diploma program equips you with both the creative hands-on application techniques and the management, sales and interpersonal skills you need for a career in the cosmetics and beauty-related industries. The program includes one 40-hour field placement assignment based on your specific career interests.