Learn creative techniques and management, sales and interpersonal skills for makeup and industry-related careers.
Learn from professors with experience in the industry
During this program, you'll work with experienced professors to learn:
- Make-up application techniques for film and television, runway, fashion and black and white/colour photography.
- Colour theory and application.
- Skin care and product knowledge.
- Marketing, advertising, business entrepreneurship and sales skills.
- Apply make-up to live models.
- Draw and render theatrical make-up.
- Apply special effects make-up from a specialized kit.
- Apply make-up at charity fashion shows, high schools, women's shelters and senior centres.
Guest speakers and field trips are also featured.
Practicum gives workplace experience
You'll undertake a 40-hour practicum during Year 2 of your make-up artist program. This practicum is driven by your areas of interest and can range from working in a photographer's studio or in live theatre to helping with make-up application for television.
A rare program in Ontario, Sheridan's Makeup for Media and Creative Arts diploma program equips you with both the creative hands-on application techniques and the management, sales and interpersonal skills you need for a career in the cosmetics and beauty-related industries. The program includes one 40-hour field placement assignment based on your specific career interests.
Ontario College Diploma
- 2 yrs (4 semesters)
- Program code: PMMCA
Column one has the Start date, second the Locations and third the Availability Start date Locations Availability Sep 2018 Trafalgar Road Campus (Oakville) Closed Jan 2019 Trafalgar Road Campus (Oakville) Waitlisted