For the Fall 2020 semester, this program will be delivered entirely through remote learning. View delivery modes for all programs.
- Report on stories in an accurate, detailed, balanced, professional and timely manner.
- Apply computer and technical skills to designated production and research functions in journalism.
- Function both independently and as a member of editorial and/or production teams.
- Analyze knowledge from communities, current events and public affairs, and history to interpret and express the context for designated journalism publications and/or productions.
- Develop strategies for personal and professional development.
- Comply with relevant Canadian legislation, standards and the principles and practices of journalism.
- Write and edit content for the designated media platforms.
- Publish and/or broadcast content for the designated media platforms.
- Apply production skills and use production equipment in the preparation and distribution of content for the designated media platforms.