A graduate of the Journalism - New Media program will have demonstrated the ability to:
- Research, develop and write investigative news stories.
- Analyze knowledge from communities, current events, public affairs and history to interpret and express the context for a range of new media outlets.
- Broadcast news stories independently using a variety of new media techniques such as blogging, webcasting, podcasting and tweeting.
- Capture and edit professional quality images that communicate effectively for use in news stories using the appropriate equipment and techniques.
- Create and edit well-designed and technically sound e-news pages using industry standard software.
- Create and maintain all aspects of a daily, Internet-based, multimedia publication.
- Participate as an effective member of a team.
- Manage and lead a team of journalism professionals.
- Develop a portfolio that demonstrates creative and professional skills and abilities in journalism.
- Comply with and promote adherence to relevant Canadian legislation, standards, and the principles and practices of journalism.