Successful completion of the program will enable the graduate to:
- Analyze the client's needs and goals using research techniques and taking psychological, sociological and physiological needs into consideration.
- Collaborate in the preparation of a design proposal/contract to define the scope of services for the decorating project.
- Analyze existing space conditions and decorating components in order to determine what modifications are required to meet the client's needs.
- Prepare a design concept which meets all the criteria (i.e. historical context, accessibility) of a given decorating project using the creative process.
- Communicate the design concept to the client in verbal and written formats.
- Use a variety of media and rendering techniques to communicate the character of the space.
- Prepare technical documents (i.e. plans, elevations) needed for the implementation of the decorating solution.
- Collaborate with a variety of design and decoration professionals for the implementation of the decoration solution.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the final decoration solution.
- Develop strategies and plans to implement and maintain a decorating business.