Sheridan offers the comprehensive, industry-specific training you need to launch your career in interior decorating.
Benefits of our program
- Work in a professional studio environment.
- Get trained on industry-standard software.
- Have full access to finishes, paints and samples in our decorating and design resource room.
- Take periodic field trips to local design studios.
A full professional skill set
- Plan and decorate residential and small commercial environments, from programming to final presentation drawings.
- Draft using professional standards to visually communicate details and design concepts.
- Freehand draw, sketch and apply mixed media to presentations.
- Design and implement marketing and sales strategies.
The program includes a three-week work placement at the end of the second year, as well as periodic field trips to local design shows and product showrooms.In addition, using your own laptop, you'll work collaboratively with faculty and classmates while enjoying 24/7 access to coursework, lecture notes, assignments, presentations and other resources.
In Sheridan's two-year Interior Decorating diploma program, your creativity will be nurtured. Our students consistently have taken honours in the Canadian Decorators Association (CDECA) student competition.
You'll enter the work force with a developed interior decorating sensibility, plus the business acumen to compete for clients and run an efficient, profitable business.
Because it mimics the structure of the workplace, mobile computing gives Sheridan graduates a significant advantage in the job market.
Graduates of the Sheridan Interior Decorating diploma program had a 94% job placement rate in 2010.
Our decorating diploma program is recognized by CDECA.
Ontario College Diploma
- 2 yrs (4 semesters)
- Program code: PINDE
Column one has the Start date, second the Locations and third the Availability Start date Locations Availability Sep 2017 Hazel McCallion Campus (Mississauga) Waitlisted Jan 2018 Hazel McCallion Campus (Mississauga) Available