The successful completion of this program will enable the graduate to:
- Analyze and resolve basic information technology problems through the application of systemic approaches.
- Support the analysis, planning, design, development and implementation of computer systems and networks.
- Design, install, configure, troubleshoot and manage components of computer systems and networks.
- Apply basic knowledge of software application development.
- Apply basic knowledge of database connectivity issues and concepts.
- Apply principles of data management to ensure the integrity of information.
- Complete all work in compliance with relevant policies, practices, processes and procedures.
- Participate as an effective individual and member of a team.
- Interpret, produce, and present work-related documents and information effectively and accurately.
- Identify and implement strategies to improve job performance and promote personal and professional growth.
- Install, configure, and optimize microcomputer operating systems and network application software including Windows and Linux software.
- Install, manage, and maintain web servers; design and develop websites.
- Implement cross-platform integration among PC/LAN and mid-range computing systems.