By the end of this program, students will be able to:
- Create and combine pre-existing and original game components in the construction of game levels.
- Design, develop and test functional prototypes of game levels that are consistent with predetermined rules, mechanics, characters and narrative structures.
- Integrate increasingly more complex graphics, models, animation, sound and cinematography into game levels.
- Create game documents for communication and record keeping that are consistent with industry standards.
- Determine appropriate scripting techniques for game level development.
- Work effectively in a collaborative, team-based environment providing guidance to others in resolving issues.
- Manage projects and specific job role activities, using effective project and personal time management.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of game level design by applying the principles of design theory.
- Evaluate the role of historical trends to situate contemporary designs.
- Analyze new trends in game level design in order to keep pace with changing markets and technology.
- Adapt to the requirements and limitations of specific hardware platforms and software environments to create progressively more difficult game levels.