This program will not be admitting new students in 2019. The program continues to run for current students.
The successful completion of this program will enable the graduate to:
- Assess the basic fitness needs of clients through standard manual and/or mechanized fitness testing protocols.
- Apply fundamentals of physiology, anatomy, bio-mechanics and nutrition in promoting a safe training environment and healthy lifestyle.
- Apply effective communication and leadership skills in all client/ trainer relationships.
- Teach correct techniques in executing all exercise, training and fitness instruction programs in a variety of environments.
- Identify basic successful business concepts and operational issues in supporting a small owner-managed business.
- Report on health related conditions suspected of limiting the healthy engagement of clients into normalized fitness programs.
- Create physical fitness programs for general and specific groups with diverse age, health and fitness levels.