This program will not be admitting new students in 2019. The program continues to run for current students. However, you may want to explore our Bachelor of Applied Health Sciences Athletic Therapy or Bachelor of Health Sciences Kinesiology and Health Promotion programs.
The successful completion of this program will enable the graduate to:
- Assess the basic fitness needs of clients through standard manual and/or mechanized fitness testing protocols.
- Apply fundamentals of physiology, anatomy, bio-mechanics and nutrition in promoting a safe training environment and healthy lifestyle.
- Apply effective communication and leadership skills in all client/ trainer relationships.
- Teach correct techniques in executing all exercise, training and fitness instruction programs in a variety of environments.
- Identify basic successful business concepts and operational issues in supporting a small owner-managed business.
- Report on health related conditions suspected of limiting the healthy engagement of clients into normalized fitness programs.
- Create physical fitness programs for general and specific groups with diverse age, health and fitness levels.