The graduate has reliably demonstrated the ability to:
- Collect representative environmental samples and perform routine tests, using current and relevant tools.
- Use scientific concepts and models when contributing to the prevention, control and elimination of environmental hazards and remediation of contaminated sites.
- Assist with analysis of water/soil/air samples and with the resolution of environmental problems through the application of scientific and engineering principles.
- Follow standard procedures for conducting environmental sampling projects including the use of appropriate equipment and materials.
- Promote and maintain sustainable practices by applying the elements of ecosystem-based management.
- Carry out work responsibilities adhering to standards of professional conduct and principles of professional ethics.
- Complete assigned tasks in adherence to occupational health and safety standards and applicable legislative requirements.
- Follow established protocols in support of environmental management systems.
- Provide ongoing support for project management.
- Communicate technical information accurately and effectively in oral, written, visual and electronic forms.
- Develop and present strategies for ongoing personal and professional development to enhance performance as an environmental technician.