Learning OutcomesThe successful completion of this program will enable the graduate to:
- Interpret and apply the major federal, provincial and municipal environmental regulations, guidelines and policies.
- Apply standard procedures for Phase I and Phase II site assessments.
- Utilize sampling and analysis equipment for air, water and soil testing.
- Apply Occupational and Health and Safety procedures and practices.
- Apply concepts and procedures for the establishment of an environmental management system.
- Complete environmental, compliance and waste audits.
- Characterize liquid, airborne, solid and hazardous wastes.
- Analyse and compare processes and systems for the treatment of airborne, liquid, solid and hazardous wastes before they are released into the environment.