For the Winter 2021 semester, this program will be delivered through a hybrid model that combines remote and in-person learning. View delivery modes for all programs.
The graduate has reliably demonstrated the ability to:
- Fabricate and build electrical, electronic, and mechanical components and assemblies in accordance with operating standards, job requirements, and specifications.
- Interpret and produce electrical, electronic, and mechanical drawings and other related technical documents and graphics for a variety of stakeholders in compliance with industry standards.
- Select and use a variety of troubleshooting techniques and equipment to assess, maintain, and repair electromechanical circuits, equipment, processes, systems, and subsystems.
- Maintain and repair electrical, electronic, and mechanical components, equipment, and systems to ensure that they function according to specifications and to optimize production.
- Support the design and production of mechanical components by assisting in the specification of manufacturing materials and processes.
- Apply, analyze, build, install, commission, and troubleshoot a variety of mechanical, electrical, and electronic control systems, logic and digital circuits, passive AC and DC circuits, and active circuits.
- Install and troubleshoot basic computer hardware and programming to support the electromechanical engineering environment.
- Maintain and troubleshoot automated equipment including robotic systems.
- Establish and maintain inventory, records, and documentation systems to meet organizational and industry standards and requirements.
- Select and purchase electromechanical equipment, components, and systems that fulfill job requirements and functional specifications.
- Assist in applying quality control and quality assurance program procedures to meet organizational standards and requirements.
- Work in compliance with relevant industry standards, laws and regulations, codes, policies, and procedures.
- Develop strategies for ongoing personal and professional development to enhance work performance and to remain current in the field and responsive to emergent technologies and national and international standards.
- Contribute as an individual and a member of an electromechanical engineering team to the effective completion of tasks and projects.
- Support project management activities such as planning, implementation and evaluation of projects, and monitoring of resources, timelines, and expenditures as required.