For the Fall 2020 semester, this program will be delivered entirely through remote learning. View delivery modes for all programs.
- Sheridan's Computer Animation Program or equivalent as assessed by Sheridan.
- A postsecondary diploma or degree in art and/or design.
- Demonstrated competence through relevant educational and/or work experience.
Credentials earned at less than the equivalent of an Ontario College Diploma will not be considered as having met the academic entrance requirements.
A thorough understanding of 3D CG modelling, rigging, texturing and lighting (Maya or Houdini preferred) as well as basic character animation skills are essential factors to qualify for this program.
Eligible applicants are selected on the basis of:
- Demonstrated competence through related work and/or educational experience
- Letter of Intent and résumé
- Portfolio assessment
A portfolio review fee is required with the submission.
Postsecondary transcripts, indicating courses completed to date, must be submitted to ontariocolleges.ca at the time of application.
Domestic applicants with education outside of Canada must have their transcripts assessed for equivalency through ICAS or WES. A general (document-by-document) or a comprehensive (course-by-course) assessment is required.
Applicants who do not meet the admission requirements for this program will be assessed and advised individually and may be considered for other, related programs.