Computer Systems Analysts are always in demand with the increasing role of technology in business.
Coursework encompasses instruction across multiple computing platforms including mobile devices. Over the three-year program, you'll learn:
- Java, C#, XML, and .NET
- Interactive-user interface design
- iOS and Android application development
The Systems Analyst program features a new approach to curriculum delivery in third year called Capstone-Based Learning (CBL). Working in teams, a critical skill in the workplace, you'll design an end-to-end computer system application for a real-world business client.
Degree completion option
After earning your Computer Systems Technology advanced diploma, you can apply to bridge into Year 3 of Sheridan’s Bachelor of Applied Information Sciences (Information Systems Security) program.
Sheridan-trained systems analysts excel in computer programming and systems design, but they stand out in the job market for their deep understanding of how businesses function — and how technology can make them function better.
Additional courses in your curriculum include:
- Smartphone native application development
- Operating systems including Linux/Unix
- Object-oriented methodologies (UML)
- Systems analysis and design
- Database design and implementation (Oracle/MySQL)
- Data communications
- Network configuration
- Systems security
- Project management
During the program, you'll design increasingly complex solutions for processes such as:
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
- Tracking inventory
- Supply Chain Management (SCM) systems
- Account and financial management
You can also take advantage of unique educational opportunities such as:
- Co-op work placements, which provide valuable experience and professional contacts as well as income to help fund your education. Enrolment is limited through an additional co-op selection process.
- Mobile computing, which provides 24/7 online access – on campus and off – to lecture notes, course assignments, class work teams and other subject material.
Other pathways for this program include articulation agreements with McMaster University, Ryerson University and others where you can use your advanced diploma to continue your education and receive a bachelor's degree.
The Computer Systems Technology – Systems Analyst program is accredited by the Canadian Information Processing Society (CIPS).
Computer Systems Technology – Systems Analyst is offered at the Davis Campus in Brampton, Ontario, and at the Trafalgar Road Campus in Oakville, Ontario.
Ontario College Advanced Diploma
- Co-op | 3 yrs (6 semesters)
- Program code: PCSAC
Column one has the Start date, second the Locations and third the Availability Start date Locations Availability Sep 2017 Davis Campus (Brampton) Available Sep 2017 Trafalgar Road Campus (Oakville) Closed Jan 2018 Davis Campus (Brampton)
Trafalgar Road Campus (Oakville)