For the Fall 2020 semester, this program will be delivered entirely through remote learning. View delivery modes for all programs.
Enter the job market with practical, marketable software development and network engineering skills.
A challenging curriculum
In Sheridan's Computer Systems Technology – Software Development and Network Engineering program, you'll gain experience with many platforms and environments. Using cutting-edge computer systems technologies (such as Android, iOS and Unity) and industry standards (such as Java, Oracle, C, C# and .NET), you'll learn to create solutions to real-world problems.
- Software development in Java, Java EE, C, C# and .NET.
- Web technologies and web application development.
- Database technologies and database administration.
- Direct, hands-on instruction.
- A capstone project in your final year where you'll follow industry best practices to design and develop a real-world software solution from start to finish.
Gain valuable, practical experience
During your time at Sheridan, you'll have the opportunity to apply for a co-op placement where you can get paid workplace experience in software development and network engineering. You may be able to earn a high-paying co-op placement, and many of our students are hired by their co-op employers after graduation. You'll need to fill out a separate co-op application and enrolment is limited.
Industry-recognized students and graduates
Sheridan's Computer Systems Technology – Software Development and Network Engineering program gives you the outstanding problem-solving and technological skills you need to excel in the workplace. Our students and alumni have also received industry recognition: One of our students was recently named Co-op Student of the Year by the Canadian Association for Co-operative Education, and one of our graduates won Microsoft Canada's extremely competitive "Last Developer Standing" contest.
The Sheridan difference
- Learn advanced concepts such as Android and iOS application development, security, game development, database administration and advanced web development.
- Develop skills in creative thinking and entrepreneurial business development.
- Complete a capstone project in Year 3 that consists of software development and/or network engineering work, either for a real-world business client or your own start-up idea.
- Have the opportunity to earn a highly paid co-op placement that allows you to combine classroom instruction with workplace experience.
- Be prepared for your co-op placement with a dedicated co-op preparation course.
Designed to help you succeed
As a graduate of this program, you'll enter the job market with practical, highly marketable software development and network engineering skills, ready to work from day one.
Graduates of Sheridan’s Computer Systems Technology – Software Development and Network Engineering program have found employment in many industry sectors, including commercial, financial, scientific, information, cultural, manufacturing, and technical services.
Graduates may also decide to pursue further studies:
Bachelor's degree at Sheridan: After completing your Computer Systems Technology advanced diploma, you can apply to Sheridan's Honours Bachelor of Applied Information Sciences (Information Systems Security) or Honours Bachelor of Applied Computer Science (Mobile Computing) program, with a one-semester bridging program. See the “Degree Completion” tab on the respective program pages for details.
Transfer to university: Graduates of this program who meet the articulation requirements can also transfer into specific computer science programs at Brock University, McMaster University or Algoma University.
Computer Systems Technology – Software Development and Network Engineering program courses are held at the Davis Campus in Brampton and the Trafalgar Road Campus in Oakville.
Ontario College Advanced Diploma
- Co-op | 3 yrs (6 semesters)
- Program code: PCSSC
Column one has the Start date, second the Locations and third the Availability Start date Locations Availability Sep 2020 Davis Campus (Brampton)
Trafalgar Campus (Oakville)
Closed Jan 2021 Davis Campus (Brampton)
Trafalgar Campus (Oakville)