This program was formerly known as Computer Systems Technology – Systems Analyst.
For the Winter 2021 semester, this program will be delivered entirely through remote learning. View delivery modes for all programs.
The graduate has reliably demonstrated the ability to:
- Identify, analyze, design, develop, implement, verify and document the requirements for a computing environment.
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, document and monitor technical problems using appropriate methodologies and tools.
- Analyze, design, implement and maintain secure computing environments.
- Analyze, develop and maintain robust computing system solutions through validation testing and industry best practices.
- Communicate and collaborate with team members and stakeholders to ensure effective working relationships.
- Select and apply strategies for personal and professional development to enhance work performance.
- Apply project management principles and tools when responding to requirements and monitoring projects within a computing environment.
- Adhere to ethical, social media, legal, regulatory and economic requirements and/or principles in the development and management of the computing solutions and systems.
- Investigate emerging trends to respond to technical challenges.
- Analyze, plan, design, implement and administer computer systems and cloud solutions.
- Research, design, deploy, configure, troubleshoot, maintain, upgrade, and decommission computing system infrastructures.
- Select and apply scripting tools and programming languages to automate routine tasks.
- Install, monitor, optimize and administer a database management system in response to specified requirements.
- Design, implement, and administer technical support processes for computing system infrastructures that align with industry best practices.
- Construct an end-to-end information system consistent with client requirements and industry best practice.