The successful completion of this program will enable the graduate to:
- Apply cinematic language to animated projects to create a desired and coherent visual experience.
- Utilize advanced techniques of modeling, surfacing, and rigging in the creation of assets to meet or advance industry standards.
- Apply the principles of animation and the physics of motion in the creation of compelling moving images.
- Utilize the principles of the pre-production pipeline to conceptualize projects.
- Create convincing performances in animated characters.
- Employ software techniques specific to the field of animation to efficiently and accurately achieve the desired creative vision.
- Synthesize relevant research strategies and methodologies within a practice-based discipline to develop effective and creative solutions.
- Develop lighting, shading, rendering and compositing techniques to achieve the artistic vision of the final frame.
- Utilize scripting to problem solve and to increase efficiency in the workflow.
- Produce a portfolio of work that demonstrates technical and artistic competencies that meet industry expectations.
- Meet declared milestones in a production pipeline to ensure efficient project management and effective communication with colleagues and clients.
- Develop and use personal and professional strategies and plans to model professional growth and job performance.