Skip to main content Disable scrolling animations
Faculty of Animation, Arts & Design

Computer Animation

Launch your career in 3D animation.

Earn your master's in 3D animation

Why pursue your master's degree?

Earning your master's in 3D animation can open up a world of exciting and promising career possibilities.

It demonstrates a high calibre of academic and professional achievement, and will be an asset to finding employment in the industry. A master's degree is also necessary for those who want to pursue an academic career, such as teaching at the post-secondary level.

What is Sheridan and IADT’s master's agreement?

Sheridan is proud to offer an agreement with the Dun Laoghaire Institute of Art and Design (IADT), near Dublin, Ireland—the first of its kind in Ontario.

Sheridan graduates who hold a post-grad certificate in Computer Animation or Digital Creature Animation from 2009 or later can apply to IADT and earn their master's degree in a 15-week study abroad program.

Eligible students who have their post-graduate certificate must also complete RDES75743: Research Methods for Creative Practices — a 7-week (42-hour) research methodologies course at Sheridan — and successfully complete the application process before they can study at IADT.

Applications are due December 1, 2020 for a January 2021 start (remote delivery). Successful applicants will be notified by December 15, 2020.

What are the application requirements?

Students wishing to study 3D animation abroad must apply to IADT with:

  • Transcript indicating successful completion of the Computer Animation and/or Digital Creatures Postgraduate Certificate (2009 or later)
  • Standard IADT postgraduate application form (Download PDF form) (Download .docx form)
  • Proof of enrolment in Sheridan’s Research Methods for Creative Practices course (Register for the course)
  • A cover letter (500-600 words explaining why the applicant wants to study at IADT, their areas of interest and why they are a prime candidate)
  • Portfolio of previous work
  • Two references, including one academic
  • A full resume
  • Send the completed form to or

IADT may call shortlisted candidates for interview via Skype.

Applicants with English as a second language must demonstrate a competency in English.

Do I need a visa to study in Ireland?

Students are responsible for securing the appropriate visa for their study period. IADT will produce a letter which confirms the student is registered in order to help secure the necessary visa.

For more information on how to apply please contact Noel Hooper ( or Sherra Murphy (