This program will not be admitting new students in 2019. The program continues to run for current students. However, you may want to explore our Social Service Worker or Child and Youth Care programs.
- Work with communities to build change strategies that promote social and economic justice and challenge patterns of oppression and discrimination.
- Create a community engagement plan utilizing principles of community leadership and volunteer management.
- Plan, design and manage a fundraising project using creative and effective techniques and strategies.
- Develop competency in community work roles ranging from direct service to classical advocacy and organizing.
- Analyze social inequalities and demonstrate creativity in meeting community needs.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with colleagues, supervisors, and community partners.
- Develop a community outreach plan in response to a community issue using marketing techniques with a social justice lens.
- Facilitate conflict resolution and consensus building among groups and individuals through effective mediation strategies and skills.