- Work with communities to build change strategies that promote social and economic justice and challenge patterns of oppression and discrimination.
- Create a community engagement plan utilizing principles of community leadership and volunteer management.
- Plan, design and manage a fundraising project using creative and effective techniques and strategies.
- Develop competency in community work roles ranging from direct service to classical advocacy and organizing.
- Analyze social inequalities and demonstrate creativity in meeting community needs.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with colleagues, supervisors, and community partners.
- Develop a community outreach plan in response to a community issue using marketing techniques with a social justice lens.
- Facilitate conflict resolution and consensus building among groups and individuals through effective mediation strategies and skills.