This program is offered in partnership with the University of Toronto Mississauga (UTM). Application for admission to the program must be made to UTM through the Ontario Universities Application Centre. This program has a September start date.
Critical PerformancesGraduates of the Communication, Culture, Information and Technology program will have developed an ability to:
- Engage the world as a well-rounded, critically aware and empowered citizen of a world increasingly mediated by information technology.
- Pursue career opportunities in a variety of digital media and information technology related fields leveraging a basis of theoretical and applied study.
- Develop and refine digital media skills in a chosen area of speciality.
Contributing Learning Outcomes
Successful graduates will have demonstrated:
Their knowledge of:
- The history and contemporary impact of Internet technologies.
- Design thinking, principles and practices.
- The aesthetics of new digital media forms and genres.
- The economic impact of digital media on various industrial sectors; and, emerging trends and future possibilities in a fluid technological landscape.
The skills to:
- Engage communication and information technologies in an applied setting.
- Critically discern which digital technologies are best suited for particular applications.
- Communicate clearly in both written and oral communication.
- Use contemporary social media technologies in an effective manner.
- Work collaboratively and cooperatively with peers in small group situations.
- Critique peer work in an empathetic and constructive fashion.
- Lifelong learning to keep up with continuously changing technological trends.
- Acting in a clear and professional manner both on- and off-line.
- Appreciation of the aesthetic, design considerations and hard work underlying digital media and its artifacts.
- Appreciation of and respect for people from a diverse range of personal backgrounds and attributes.
- The willingness to constructively engage issues from the local to the global.