For the Winter 2021 semester, this program will be delivered through a hybrid model that combines remote and in-person learning. View delivery modes for all programs.
The graduate has reliably demonstrated the ability to:
• Perform routine tasks and assigned procedures to support the purification, analysis and synthesis of chemical compounds and samples.
• Use prescribed laboratory procedures to conduct basic manual and instrumental quantitative analysis and report results.
• Operate and chemical analysis instruments and equipment to assure accurate results.
• Perform quality assurance and quality control procedures, including basic statistical analyses, in accordance with international and industry standards and government regulations.
• Complete chemical laboratory tasks and projects using computer and information technologies.
• Implement health and safety practices to ensure a safe laboratory environment for oneself and others.
• Contribute to the efficient and ethical use and promotion of chemical laboratory resources through established practices.
• Interpret and produce technical documents to communicate chemical laboratory data and results.
• Collaborate with others to contribute to effective working relationships and teamwork in chemical laboratory environments.
• Develop strategies for ongoing professional development to enhance competence as a chemical laboratory technician.