The graduate has reliably demonstrated the ability to:
- Apply mathematical, physical and chemical concepts to routine tasks such as the analysis and synthesis of chemical compounds and samples.
- Conduct basic manual quantitative and qualitative analyses accurately, using prescribed laboratory procedures.
- Prepare organic and inorganic compounds using standard synthetic and purification procedures.
- Perform routine statistical calculations to report the results of analyses.
- Perform instrumental chemical analysis and report the quantitative/qualitative results.
- Apply basic computer skills relevant to the chemical laboratory technology field.
- Perform established Quality Assurance and Quality Control procedures to ensure that processes remain within designated limits.
- Perform all assigned work in compliance with occupational health, safety and environmental law, legislation and regulations; established policies and procedures; and in accordance with ethical principles.
- Apply problem-solving skills to chemical laboratory technology.
- Use interpersonal and communication skills appropriate to the chemical laboratory technology environment.
- Develop a plan for continued professional growth.