The graduate has reliably demonstrated the ability to:
- Perform all work in compliance with relevant statutes, regulations, standards, practices and guidelines.
- Implement, co-ordinate and evaluate quality control and quality assurance procedures to meet organizational standards and requirements.
- Troubleshoot industrial or chemical processes and laboratory equipment.
- Solve complex problems and perform tasks by applying principles of mathematics, physics, chemistry and chemical engineering.
- Perform, co-ordinate, implement and validate laboratory procedures to conduct quantitative and qualitative analyses and tests.
- Prepare and purify compounds using standard synthesis and purification procedures.
- Maintain and control industrial or chemical processes and assist with their design using chemical engineering principles.
- Analyze and interpret data using statistical methods.
- Select and use current technologies in chemical engineering tasks and projects.
- Prepare, modify, interpret and present technical documents for chemical engineering applications.
- Apply best practices for sustainability.
- Develop strategies for ongoing personal and professional development to enhance work performance in a multi-disciplinary workplace.