The successful completion of this program will enable the graduate to:
- Develop appropriate and innovative solutions, working within the dynamics of the target market, with consideration for the requirements of an employer or client.
- Incorporate the knowledge of photography theories, principles and historical practices into the conceptualization and development of effective photographs.
- Integrate the principles of photographic language and design as well as knowledge of contemporary visual culture, into the creation and evaluation of one’s own work (in traditional and emerging media) and into the assessment of the work of others.
- Develop thematic bodies of photographic work that investigate and record the visual world and that explore and express ideas.
- Create photographic images utilizing a variety of technologies and workflow processes (image capture, manipulation, output, and distribution) in alignment with conceptual/visual objectives.
- Exhibit professional attitudes and behaviours, as well as effective leadership skills when working in multidisciplinary teams.
- Develop a professional practice strategy, including career opportunities and business models that includes effective project management, ethical and legal behaviour and thoughtful networking among professional colleagues and clients.