The successful completion of this program will enable the graduate to:
- Develop scientifically based, goal directed physical activity and lifestyle plans specific to individual and/or group needs and abilities.
- Provide leadership in the implementation of fitness and wellness promotion programs specifically developed for special populations that consider the variables associated with inter-generational programming and cultural diversity.
- Integrate research for the purpose of making informed planning decisions on health, fitness and performance-related outcomes in diverse populations.
- Design health promotion programs, establishing valid and appropriate approaches through application of the scientific method.
- Provide leadership in the integration of health, wellness and safety programming into corporate environments.
- Establish best treatment practices for populations with special needs within an inter-professional healthcare team environment.
- Guide individuals or groups to assist them in reaching their physical health and lifestyle goals.
- Manage the financial, legal and human resources necessary to operate a small business or work effectively within a larger corporate business.
- Recruit and train volunteers for a variety of health promotion and fitness initiatives in both the corporate and not-for-profit sectors.
- Work in a manner consistent with professional ethics and practice, and within legal and organizational requirements.
- Communicate effectively in written, spoken and visual forms.