Our program’s rigorous design curriculum emphasizes innovation, creativity and strategic thinking.
Study at Sheridan & York University
The York/Sheridan Program in Design (YSDN) combines practice and theory to create a truly unique design degree. The program's curriculum emphasizes innovation, creativity and strategic thinking as applied to visual communication. You'll develop outstanding ideas as well as the skills to execute them. You'll also get practical experience and professional contacts.
Convergence of technology and culture
Program highlights include:
- Small studio classes with lots of direct attention from professors.
- Creative focus and the opportunity to explore emerging areas of design practice.
- A rich curriculum focused on typography, print, interaction design, information design and design studies.
Great creative opportunities
The third year includes a professional placement in a design firm that may be located in Toronto (the world's third-largest design centre), New York, Los Angeles or overseas. Many companies and design studios actively recruit from the York/Sheridan Program in Design, providing a wide range of employment opportunities after graduation.
The future of design lies in the convergence of technology with elements of social science, psychology, culture and business. No other design degree captures that convergence as well as the York/Sheridan Program in Design does.
You'll also get the practical experience and professional contacts to launch a career in graphic design or another related field.
Your program includes:
- Project-based, problem-solving assignments that prepare you for the workplace.
- Up-to-date design labs equipped with the most current technology.
- Courses in print design, interaction design, information design and design studies.
YSDN students should expect to spend approximately $1,000–$3,000 per year for materials, plus $300 in the final year for the Graduate Show.