For the Fall 2020 semester, this program will be delivered entirely through remote learning. View delivery modes for all programs.
Graduates of this program will be able to:
- Communicate effectively in a variety of organizational settings.
- Evaluate complex qualitative and quantitative data to support strategic and operational decisions.
- Develop comprehensive strategic and tactical plans for an organization.
- Work independently and collaboratively in inter- and/or multi-disciplinary and diverse environments.
- Use creative, critical and reflective thinking to address organizational opportunities and challenges.
- Apply problem solving and decision making frameworks that propose defensible solutions to organizational opportunities, challenges, change and risk.
- Demonstrate ethical and socially responsible behaviour.
- Integrate appropriate technologies in developing solutions to business opportunities and challenges.
- Build effective internal and external relationships using influencing, communication and consultative skills.
- Evaluate the dynamic of the global business environment from a competitive and economic perspective.
- Develop self leadership strategies to enhance personal and professional effectiveness.
- Assess business processes relative to organizational goals.
- Perform robust research through the application of accepted applied research methodologies.
- Develop critical thinking, quantitative reasoning, written, and oral communication.
- Knowledge of society and culture, and skills relevant to civic engagement.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of HRM practices in supporting the strategic and operational needs of the organization in a global economy.
- Develop appropriate methods for attracting, retaining, developing and engaging talent for the organization.
- Align HRM processes to support strategic organizational goals.
- Develop processes and policies to ensure that organizations effectively encourage desired strategic performance.
- Identify employment related legal challenges facing the organization.
- Recommend to organization management improvements resulting in effective application of HRM processes.
- Demonstrate powerful methods for one-on-one, small group and organization-wide communication.
- Apply appropriate information technology for analysis and reporting.
- Apply HRM metrics and research to analyze and justify recommendations.
- Contribute to creating and sustaining a diverse, inclusive and collaborative work environment that unleashes the talents of all employees to create value.
- Recommend processes supporting organizational change and leadership development allowing organizations to react effectively in the dynamic global environment.