For the Fall 2020 semester, this program will be delivered entirely through remote learning. View delivery modes for all programs.
Graduates of this program will be able to:
- Communicate effectively in a variety of organizational settings.
- Evaluate complex qualitative and quantitative data to support strategic and operational decisions.
- Develop comprehensive strategic and tactical plans for an organization.
- Work independently and collaboratively in inter- and/or multi-disciplinary and diverse environments.
- Use creative, critical and reflective thinking to address organizational opportunities and challenges.
- Apply problem solving and decision-making frameworks that propose defensible solutions to organizational opportunities, challenges, change and risk.
- Demonstrate ethical and socially responsible behaviour.
- Integrate appropriate technologies in developing solutions to business opportunities and challenges.
- Build effective internal and external relationships using influencing, communication and consultative skills.
- Evaluate the dynamic of the global business environment from a competitive and economic perspective.
- Develop self-leadership strategies to enhance personal and professional effectiveness.
- Assess business processes relative to organizational goals.
- Perform robust research through the application of accepted applied research methodologies.
- Develop critical thinking, quantitative reasoning, written, and oral communication.
- Knowledge of society and culture, and skills relevant to civic engagement.
- Create relevant, complete and accurate financial statements and information reports using the appropriate accounting principles to provide information to measure the entity’s performance.
- Interpret financial statement and organizational results to enhance the entity’s decision-making performance.
- Assess the measurable objectives of an entity’s strategic plan using appropriate quantitative and qualitative analyses.
- Use appropriate technological tools and information systems necessary to provide the required financial information for effective decision-making.
- Evaluate strategic opportunities that add value and are consistent with operational goals, policies and procedures.
- Contribute to the development of investment plans, business plans and financial proposals to assist in converting the entities financial strategies into specific financial objectives.
- Evaluate internal controls and audit requirements in accordance with generally accepted auditing standards.
- Prepare regulatory filings in accordance with legal requirements.
- Analyze the implications of an entity’s tax-planning strategies.
- Apply legal concepts within the domestic and international business environment identifying the need for professional legal guidance.