A graduate of the Honours BAISc (Information Systems Security) will have demonstrated the ability to:
- Analyze, design, program, implement, secure and maintain network applications.
- Design, implement, test and document object-oriented software systems.
- Install, configure, build, troubleshoot, secure, modify and maintain computer system architectures and networks to meet user requirements.
- Initiate and undertake critical analysis of security issues to develop and implement security policies and to solve problems.
- Design, implement, program, secure, troubleshoot and administer databases.
- Communicate clearly, concisely, and correctly in written, spoken, and visual form that fulfills the purpose and meets the needs of diverse audiences.
- Reframe information, ideas, and concepts using the narrative, visual, numerical, and symbolic representations which demonstrate understanding.
- Interact with others in groups or teams in ways that contribute to effective working relationships and the achievements of goals.
- Identify, evaluate, report on, and understand when, how and where to refer security issues.
- Identify and implement investigative techniques adhering to legal processes and case law.
- Analyze, design, and implement, security and threat auditing procedures.
- Identify, design, and implement processes and vulnerability assessments to counter corporate, state, and politically sanctioned losses.