Program Critical Performance:
By the end of the program, the graduate will have demonstrated the ability to create quality animation performance through a creative and professional portfolio using principles of animation, drawing, design, cinematic storytelling, artistic expertise and innovation. The graduate will have exhibited a personal and professional commitment to artistic growth and cultural literacy that conveys passion, confidence, a collaborative and independent spirit, refined communications skills, and the adaptability to work within a dynamic animation community.
- Create animated sequences from the development of the original concept through design to final film or video production.
- Communicate ideas, believable action and emotion effectively by employing principles of animation and performance in all aspects of drawing.
- Integrate the concepts, principles and theories involved in the physics of animation in all aspects of drawing.
- Refine personal narrative voice that holistically integrates the elements of storytelling and performance in order to actively engage the audience.
- Create 2D and 3D characters and environments that reflect the integration of graphic clarity, design principles, performance principles and theoretical constructs.
- Design layouts and backgrounds that incorporate principles of composition, perspective and colour, with speed, accuracy and dexterity, using a variety of media.
- Create an animated film incorporating a range of artistic styles and techniques, reflecting the principle that form follows function.
- Coordinate and manage the production of a student film, including the aspects of cinematography, art direction and editing.
- Collaborate effectively with peers on film projects.
- Use critical thinking skills and problem solving strategies in all dimensions of development and production.
- Manage targets within the production schedule to effectively achieve completion of required tasks.
- Communicate ideas, emotion and intent effectively in visual, oral and written forms.
- Generate work that reflects initiative, creativity, adaptability and personal style.
- Create animation that incorporates the basic principles of constructive anatomy and drawing using economy of expression.
- Incorporate technology effectively in the development of animation projects.