For the Fall 2020 semester, this program will be delivered entirely through remote learning. View delivery modes for all programs.
Core Computer Science
- Determine solutions using problem solving principles, logic and systematic methodologies.
- Evaluate the architecture and principles of operation of computer systems and networks.
- Synthesize principles and theories of computer science and software engineering for application to different computing paradigms.
- Design and develop software systems for various application domains.
- Design and develop secure enterprise-grade information systems.
- Manage the development of software systems through a variety of development processes and methodologies.
- Design effective user interfaces using human computer interaction principles.
- Synthesize new knowledge in the field of computer science by using appropriate research methodologies.
Mobile Application Development
- Apply the fundamental design paradigms and technologies to mobile computing applications.
- Develop consumer and enterprise mobile applications using representative mobile devices and platforms using modern development methodologies.
- Design effective mobile interfaces using human computer interaction principles.
- Evaluate the role of mobile applications in software intensive systems.
- Evaluate the usability of representative mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets.
- Appraise the quality and performance of mobile applications.
- Assess and implement security principles in mobile applications.
- Synthesize new knowledge in the area of mobile computing by using appropriate research methodologies and techniques.
- Assess the capabilities of next-generation networks and the role of wireless technologies in network design and operation.
- Evaluate network protocols, routing algorithms, connectivity methods and characteristics.
- Evaluate wireless network topologies, wireless connectivity and characteristics, and the impact of wireless networks on security and Internet communications.
- Select appropriate wireless technologies in commercial and enterprise applications.
Professional and Social Conduct, Behaviours and Attitudes
- Identify the skills and business practices of successful entrepreneurs needed to assess and seize business opportunities, set up a business, and manage its growth.
- Exhibit effective collaboration when working in multidisciplinary teams.
- Integrate knowledge of ethical and legal frameworks with effective business practices.
- Apply project planning principles and processes in order to enhance business competitiveness.
- Exhibit professional attitudes and behaviours including meeting project due dates and meeting client needs.