For the Winter 2021 semester, this program will be delivered entirely through remote learning. View delivery modes for all programs.Assessments in this program include written, drawn and small physical model formats. Students who are able to access Sheridan's on-campus facilities to complete production work such as laser cutting, printing/plotting and 3D printing will have the option to do so. Students who are unable to visit campus will be accommodated, such as through electronic image submission of physical models or alternate modes.
The graduate has reliably demonstrated the ability to:
- Communicate with clients, contractors, other building professionals, and approval authorities.
- Assist in the preparation, reading, and interpretation of drawings, and other graphical representations used in building projects.
- Read and assist in the preparation of specifications and other project documents used in design and construction.
- Assist in the preparation of estimates of time, costs, and quantity.
- Assist in solving technical problems related to building projects through the application of principles of building science and mathematics.
- Collaborate with members of the building team.
- Assist in the development of architectural designs.
- Review and assist in the preparation of site planning documents.
- Comply with the legal and ethical requirements of an architectural technician in the practice of building design and construction.
- Assist in the assessment of buildings related to repurposing and renovation projects.
- Ensure personal safety in the workplace.
- Identify sustainable design and building practices.
- Use current and emerging technology to support building projects.
- Assist in the administration of the construction phase of building projects.