Sheridan’s Advertising – Account Management program gives you the skills you need to contribute to a professional advertising team.
Outstanding career preparation
This one-year program immerses you in the planning, strategic development and execution of professional advertising. Through hands-on learning, you'll master the critical thinking skills to analyze and solve complex marketing communication challenges. Upon graduation, you'll be confident in your abilities and ready to immediately contribute as a member of a professional advertising agency team.
Things you'll learn to do
- Understand target markets.
- Develop and communicate a product's brand identity.
- Create a complete advertising and integrated marketing communications plan.
- Develop and defend media selection and placement.
- Use specific advertising industry computer software.
Cooperative education opportunity
Following eight months of Advertising Management classroom instruction, you'll have the opportunity to participate in a four-month cooperative education placement within the advertising field. This on-the-job experience can be just the career boost you need to land a great job. This is a competitive process, and students will need to meet certain criteria in order to qualify to participate.
You'll also learn to:
- Analyze advertising challenges.
- Know how your advertising fits in the total communications plan.
- Develop a complete media plan.
- Meet corporate communications objectives.
- Research consumers' buying behaviour.
- Understand the importance of motivating consumer behaviour through the establishment of effective advertising / marketing communications.
Ontario College Graduate Certificate
- Co-op | 1 yr (2 semesters)
- Program code: PADAC
Column one has the Start date, second the Locations and third the Availability Start date Locations Availability Sep 2017 Hazel McCallion Campus (Mississauga) Closed