Sheridan’s Advertising – Account Management program gives you the skills you need to contribute to a professional advertising team.
Outstanding career preparation
This one-year program immerses you in the planning, strategic development and execution of professional advertising. Through hands-on learning, you'll master the critical thinking skills to analyze and solve complex marketing communication challenges. Upon graduation, you'll be confident in your abilities and ready to immediately contribute as a member of a professional advertising agency team.
Things you'll learn to do
- Understand target markets.
- Develop and communicate a product's brand identity.
- Create a complete advertising and integrated marketing communications plan.
- Develop and defend media selection and placement.
- Use specific advertising industry computer software.
Cooperative education opportunity
Following eight months of Advertising Management classroom instruction, you'll have the opportunity to participate in a four-month cooperative education placement within the advertising field. This on-the-job experience can be just the career boost you need to land a great job. This is a competitive process, and students will need to meet certain criteria in order to qualify to participate.
You'll also learn to:
- Analyze advertising challenges.
- Know how your advertising fits in the total communications plan.
- Develop a complete media plan.
- Meet corporate communications objectives.
- Research consumers' buying behaviour.
- Understand the importance of motivating consumer behaviour through the establishment of effective advertising / marketing communications.
Ontario College Graduate Certificate
- Co-op | 1 yr (2 semesters)
- Program code: PADAC
Column one has the Start date, second the Locations and third the Availability Start date Locations Availability Sep 2017 Hazel McCallion Campus (Mississauga) Available Sep 2018 Hazel McCallion Campus (Mississauga) Available