- Demonstrate and apply production techniques for film, television and Digital Video Disk (DVD), including basic aspects of interactive television.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the evolution of film and television as artistic media.
- Demonstrate a combination of skills and knowledge from their chosen areas of specialization.
Producing, Directing and Writing
- Understand the duties and skills of First and Second Assistant Director (AD) for television and motion pictures.
- Understand the duties of a Production Manager for film and television, including organizing departments, location management, budgeting and scheduling.
- Apply, from a producers perspective, appropriate copyright and entertainment laws and professional practices.
- Develop co-productions, and domestic and international co-production treatises.
- Demonstrate directing skills for feature film, television series and Movies of the Week (MOWs).
- Demonstrate skills required in screenwriting for film, television series and MOWs.
- Make use of Canadian and international film and video distribution systems.
- Create strategies for working with fundraising agencies and processes within Canadian and international film and TV industry.
Editing and Post Production
- Demonstrate skills required for image compositing.
- Editing for film and television.
- Understand and apply colour correction techniques.
- Understand and apply film to data transfer.
- Understand and apply film to video transfer.
- Demonstrate advanced camera skills in high definition television (HDTV) production, 35 mm motion picture camera operation, and Super 16 mm camera operation.
- Demonstrate an ability to operate Steadicam.
- Understand the duties of First and Second Camera Assistant, Key Grip for television and motion pictures.
- Mix audio in post production on motion picture and video projects.
- Apply advanced techniques for location audio recording.
- Apply Foley recording techniques.