For the Winter 2021 semester, this program will be delivered through a hybrid model that combines remote and in-person learning. View delivery modes for all programs.
- Integrate product knowledge and skills into the development of special effects advanced makeup.
- Apply a variety of calculations and formulae with the degree of accuracy required to solve problems and make decisions, within the context of the craft.
- Conform to established industry hierarchy, established protocols, unique professional etiquette and adherence to the role boundaries of the special effects makeup artist for success in the industry.
- Modify special effects, makeup effects and image manipulation using computer technology.
- Create special effects prosthetics and puppetry that incorporate a basic understanding of mechanics and engineering.
- Conduct extensive research to inform the development of special effects advanced makeup in a variety of venues.
- Manage a successful special effects advanced makeup project from concept to completion.
- Maintain a safe, sanitary and professional environment required through adherence to industry-specific guidelines and requirements, and acquisition and application of appropriate related credentials.
- Generate viable solutions to unexpected situations and challenges unique to the field of special effects advanced makeup through creative and critical thinking and effective problem solving.
- Engage in effective self-promotion and marketing activities, using appropriate presentation and communication skills.
- Accommodate the unique and dynamic nature of the work in the field of special effects advanced makeup by refining one’s personal and professional work process and self-management skills